July 10, 2011

The Way

            Have you ever felt lost? Have you ever felt that no one ever pays any attention to you? Ever been left hanging? Well, I have. I know what it’s like, how it feels. I have lost everything once. I was once a hopeless case. But, to tell you the truth, it really is just up to the person. If you say you are hopeless, then indeed you are. But really, when you’re down, there’s nowhere else to go but up. Learn to move on and be thankful for that you are still alive. We only have one life to live, and life is too short to keeping living in the past. God gave us this life to treasure it, not waste it. As he said in Jeremiah 29:11, “”For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”” Even if, and even when, everybody does abandon you, He will not leave you. He has plans for us. He did not put you in this Earth to suffer. It is hard to see this, and even harder to believe. But if I, a flawed tool, am able to do this, why not you?

            Life was hell for me, at a very young age. I had no friends, my parents ignore me, my brothers always fight with me. Unloved and unappreciated by fellow beings. Doesn’t matter where I was, whether it be in home or at school, both are hell. It came to a point that I couldn’t take all this pain anymore, and so I ran away. Walking in the streets, with no idea where to go… I came upon a church and let me tell you that the priest was shocked to see me alone wandering aimlessly towards nowhere. He adopted me into his own home for a while, and nurtured me. At first, he didn’t know what to do with me. At least until God had answered him. And at that moment, the priest knew what he must do. He opened my eyes, made known to me a whole new world, the Kingdom of God. How sweet God’s love is, which is reflected in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” God invoked a whole new life in me. He has shown me the way. As I go back to my home, the conditions have not changed. But life is no longer hell, for He is with me always.

            Now I call on to anyone, anybody at all who is burdened or troubled in anyway. I have a question for you. Have you ever shared to God? For God does not let His children suffer. Raise it all up to Him, and listen to His Word. Do not just pray, but act as well, for God helps those who help themselves. Pray, worship, listen, and He will show you the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment